The remit of the governing body & committee structure
The purpose of the Board of Governors is to provide confident, strategic leadership and to create robust accountability, oversight and assurance for the educational and financial performance of the school. The Governing Body meets regularly, usually at least once every half-term. Its three core functions are:-
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding school leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school, and making sure its funding is well spent.
The work of the Full Governing Body is supported by two Committees which also meet on a half-termly basis:-
- The Strategy and Standards Committee
- The Finance and Premises Committee
Follow the links to read about the remit of these Committees.