For 10 minutes each day, try and practise your timestables on TT Rockstars! They help with EVERYTHING!
This week, you will be continuing your work on fractions looking at adding and subtracting fractions. Please read the notes below before you make a start!
- There are three different activity sheets to represent different abilities. When you click on the activity sheets you will see a code in a star on each page. D stands for Developing (easier), E stands for Expected (medium) and GD stands for Greater Depth (hard). Use your judgement on which you think your child is able to do. With my youngest, sometimes she does the developing sheet and sometimes she does the expected. If you do the GD one, please be aware that you may have to simplify some of the fractions to make all of the denominators the same. So for example 2/8 could be 1/4.
- On the each powerpoint, I have written notes for each slide so that you know how we will teach it or give you hints! Hopefully this will help you!
- Activities on the powerpoint are the same or very similar to those on the sheet so if you go through the powerpoint then they should have all the skills they need to complete the sheet.
- The children can use a number line to help them with the adding and subtracting if they need to. This doesn't need to be anything fancy. A ruler is brilliant or just write numbers 1-20 on a piece of paper!
- The answers are there for you if you need them. Try not to let your child use them unless they are seeing if they were right at the end.
- There is squared paper at the bottom in case they need it.
These are some problems for them to solve using the skills that they have learned this week. They may need some squared paper to write the answers on.