Parents as Partners
with our Nursery
We believe that all parents have an important role to play in the education of their child. In nursery we develop this through:
• Inviting all parents to an Induction meeting during the term before their child starts nursery
• Welcome to Nursery Workshops
§ Stay and Play Visits – an opportunity for parents to discuss their child and for the children to visit the staff and partake in typical activities in their classroom.
• Holding a Foundation Curriculum Information evening for parents at the beginning of the Autumn Term
• Parent consultations in the Autumn and ‘Stay, Play and Chat’ sessions in the Spring term
§ Termly Curriculum Workshops – where parents can work along side their child in class
§ ‘Fun with Mum’ sessions – fun activity sessions after school
§ Weekly Home Activity Leaflets – to share what your child has been learning and ways you can support them at home
• Encouraging parents to help in the classroom.
• Encouraging parents to talk to the child’s teacher, whenever concerns arise
• Encouraging regular communication through the child’s Home School Diary.
Click on the following links to find out more about our parent partnership in the nursery.
Starting nursery is an important stage in your child’s life. Here at Peterbrook School, we believe that through working in close partnership with parents, we are able to make it a positive and pleasurable experience for both you and your child.
The induction process helps us to foster a working partnership with yourselves and provides your child with a period of familiarisation with the staff and peers. We would encourage you to become as involved as possible with our planned activities.
Parent Information Evening
Once we have received information about the places offered we will send out the invites for the Parent Information Evening which is usually held in May. This is an important meeting where we share information about the induction process. See below for copies of our current School Prospectus and Nursery Booklet.
Peterbrook Primary School, High Street, Solihull Lodge, Shirley, Solihull, West Midlands, B90 1HR
Tel: +44(0)121 4302545 firstname.lastname@example.org