Autumn term 2019
What a busy first term we've had in 6CH!
Mrs Hurd and Mrs Carey have many highlights from our first few months together. These include:
- An energetic and adventurous five days away in Llanrug. From gorge walking to rock climbing, canoeing to caving, body boarding to rafting – we covered a lot and overcame so many fears. We were so proud of our pupils for taking part in everything on offer!
- A super week of project work back at Peterbrook for those pupils who didn’t go to Llanrug. Wonderful art work was created and a real sense of teamwork was achieved – a huge well done for cooperating so well together and taking on extra responsibilities whilst many of your peers were away.
- An entertaining visit from children’s author Andy Stanton. Some pupils even got books signed.
- Being captivated by our English WW1 book – Archie’s Wartime Scrapbook. Pupils were inspired by the layout and content of this book and produced impressive writing. Our extended homework, which required our children to make their own scrapbooks, was impressive. A huge well done for all the extra effort put in at home on this.
- Seeing excellent progress in Maths as the term has developed. We have covered many topics including place value, the four operations, multiples, factors and fractions. We are also seeing weekly arithmetic scores improve as our pupils become more confident with methods. Well done – keep it up!
- Varied topic work which has included: Classification and Heart & Lungs in Science, Celebrating differences and Dreams & Goals in Jigsaw/PSHE, Rainforests across our Humanities and Music lessons, Weather in French, Humanism in RE and a range of team games and skills in PE.
- Children in Need – the Year 6 landing was full of chocolate donations which pupils generously donated for wearing non-uniform. We felt very proud of the generosity shown.
- And finally to round off the term in a festive style: we watched a pantomime, we put on our own Christmas concert, where we were able to share some of our own musical talents and we produced a variety of Christmas arts and crafts to take home to share with our families.
We look forward to a jam-packed spring term in 6CH!